Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder


A couple weeks ago (I know, I'm slacking here), I cooked Sweet and Spicy Asian Pork Shoulder. This is a slower cooker dish, so I use the term 'cook' lightly. What I mostly did was throw stuff in a pot and turn it on:) This was one of our favorites! I'm making it again this week and we are really looking forward to it. I omitted the optional Chinese five-spice since I'd never had it, but the recipe definitely has enough taste without it. In these cold winter months, comfort food has taken on an additional role for me. It's no longer just a dish that reminds me of good times or good feeling, such as mashed potatoes or grilled cheese with tomato soup. It also now means less work (because it's hard to move around in bulky sweaters) along with that hot meal. During the summer, comfort food will likely turn into a comforting cold drink:) Anyway, this recipe is highly recommended and no changes necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment